Advantages And Disadvantages Of Cross Sectional Studies was posted on August 14, 2017 at 4:06 am. It is uploaded at the Sectional category. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Cross Sectional Studies is labelled with Advantages And Disadvantages Of Cross Sectional Studies, Advantages, And, Disadvantages, Of, Cross, Sectional, Studies..
Advantagesad•van•tage (ad van′tij, -vän′-),USA pronunciation n., v., -taged, -taging.
- any state, circumstance, opportunity, or means specially favorable to success, interest, or any desired end: the advantage of a good education.
profit: It will be to his advantage to learn Chinese before going to China.
- superiority or ascendancy (often fol. by over or of ): His height gave him an advantage over his opponent.
- a position of superiority (often fol. by over or of ): their advantage in experienced players.
- [Tennis.]the first point scored after deuce.
- have the advantage of, to be in a superior or advantageous position;
possess an advantage over: By virtue of independent wealth, he has the advantage of his opponents.
- take advantage of:
- to make use of for gain: to take advantage of an opportunity.
- to impose upon, esp. unfairly, as by exploiting a weakness: to take advantage of someone.
- to advantage, to good effect;
advantageously: The paintings were arranged to advantage on one wall.
- to be of service to;
yield profit or gain to;
- to cause to advance;
promote: Such action will advantage our cause.
- to prove beneficial to;
profit: It would advantage him to work harder.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Disadvantagesdis•ad•van•tage (dis′əd van′tij, -vän′-),USA pronunciation n., v., -taged, -tag•ing.
- absence or deprivation of advantage or equality.
- the state or an instance of being in an unfavorable circumstance or condition: to be at a disadvantage.
- something that puts one in an unfavorable position or condition: His bad temper is a disadvantage.
- injury to interest, reputation, credit, profit, etc.;
loss: Your behavior is a disadvantage to your family's good name.
- to subject to disadvantage: I was disadvantaged by illness.
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Crosscross (krôs, kros),USA pronunciation n., v., adj., -er, -est.
- a structure consisting essentially of an upright and a transverse piece, upon which persons were formerly put to death.
- any object, figure, or mark resembling a cross, as two intersecting lines.
- a mark resembling a cross, usually an X, made instead of a signature by a person unable to write.
- the Cross, the cross upon which Jesus died.
- a figure of the Cross as a Christian emblem, badge, etc.
- the Cross as the symbol of Christianity.
- a small cross with a human figure attached to it, as a representation of Jesus crucified;
- a sign made with the right hand by tracing the figure of a cross in the air or by touching the foreheard, chest, and shoulders, as an act of devotion.
- a structure or monument in the form of a cross, set up for prayer, as a memorial, etc.
- any of various conventional representations or modifications of the Christian emblem used symbolically or for ornament, as in heraldry or art: a Latin cross; a Maltese cross.
- the crucifixion of Jesus as the culmination of His redemptive mission.
- any suffering endured for Jesus' sake.
- the teaching of redemption gained by Jesus' death.
- the Christian religion, or those who accept it;
- an opposition;
- any misfortune;
- a crossing of animals or plants;
a mixing of breeds.
- an animal, plant, breed, etc., produced by crossing;
- a person or thing that is intermediate in character between two others.
- [Boxing.]a punch thrown across and over the lead of an opponent.
- a contest the result of which is dishonestly arranged beforehand.
- a crossing.
- a place of crossing.
- [Plumbing.]a four-way joint or connection.
- an actor's movement from one area of a stage to another.
- Also called cross-trade. an arrangement for the simultaneous sale and purchase of a block of stock handled by a single broker.
- [Mach.]spider (def. 6b).
- (cap.) See Southern Cross.
- bear one's cross, to accept trials or troubles patiently.
- take the cross, to make the vows of a crusader.
- to move, pass, or extend from one side to the other side of (a street, river, etc.).
- to put or draw (a line, lines, etc.) across.
- to cancel by marking with a cross or with a line or lines (often fol. by off or out).
- to mark with a cross.
- to lie or pass across;
- to meet and pass.
- to transport across something.
- to assist or guide (a person) across a street or intersection: The guard crossed the child at the traffic light.
- to place in the form of a cross or crosswise.
- [Biol.]to cause (members of different genera, species, breeds, varieties, or the like) to interbreed.
- to oppose openly;
- to betray;
- to make the sign of a cross upon or over, as in devotion: to cross oneself.
- to set (a yard) in proper position on a mast.
- [Obs.]to confront in a hostile manner.
- to lie or be athwart;
- to move, pass, or extend from one side or place to another: Cross at the intersection.
- to meet and pass.
- to interbreed.
- [Theat.]to move from one side of the stage to the other, esp. by passing downstage of another actor.
- cross one's heart. See heart (def. 22).
- cross one's mind. See mind (def. 21).
- cross one's path. See path (def. 6).
- cross over:
- [Biol.](of a chromosome segment) to undergo crossing over.
- to switch allegiance, as from one political party to another.
- to change successfully from one field of endeavor, genre, etc., to another: to cross over from jazz to rock.
- Also, cross over to the other side. to die;
- cross someone's palm. See palm 1 (def. 11).
- cross up:
- to change arrangements made with;
deceive: He crossed me up after we had agreed to tell the police the same story.
- to confuse: I was supposed to meet him at the station, but got crossed up.
- angry and annoyed;
snappish: Don't be cross with me.
- lying or passing crosswise or across each other;
transverse: cross timbers.
- involving a reciprocal action, interchange, or the like: a cross-endorsement of political candidates; cross-marketing of related services.
opposite: They were at cross purposes with each other.
Sectionalsec•tion•al (sek′shə nl),USA pronunciation adj.
- pertaining or limited to a particular section;
local or regional: sectional politics.
- composed of several independent sections: a sectional sofa.
- of or pertaining to a section: a sectional view of the machine.
- a sofa composed of several independent sections that can be arranged individually or in various combinations.
Studiesstud•y (stud′ē),USA pronunciation n., pl. stud•ies, v., stud•ied, stud•y•ing.
- application of the mind to the acquisition of knowledge, as by reading, investigation, or reflection: long hours of study.
- the cultivation of a particular branch of learning, science, or art: the study of law.
- Often, studies. a personal effort to gain knowledge: to pursue one's studies.
- something studied or to be studied: Balzac's study was human nature.
- research or a detailed examination and analysis of a subject, phenomenon, etc.: She made a study of the transistor market for her firm.
- a written account of such research, examination, or analysis: He published a study of Milton's poetry.
- a well-defined, organized branch of learning or knowledge.
- zealous endeavor or assiduous effort.
- the object of such endeavor or effort.
- deep thought, reverie, or a state of abstraction: He was lost in study and did not hear us come in.
- a room, in a house or other building, set apart for private study, reading, writing, or the like.
- Also called étude. a composition that combines exercise in technique with a greater or lesser amount of artistic value.
- a literary composition executed for exercise or as an experiment in a particular method of treatment.
- such a composition dealing in detail with a particular subject, as a single main character.
- [Art.]something produced as an educational exercise, as a memorandum or record of observations or effects, or as a guide for a finished production: She made a quick pencil sketch of his hands as a study for the full portrait in oils.
- a person, as an actor, considered in terms of his or her quickness or slowness in memorizing lines: a quick study.
- to apply oneself to the acquisition of knowledge, as by reading, investigation, or practice.
- to apply oneself;
- to think deeply, reflect, or consider.
- to take a course of study, as at a college.
- to apply oneself to acquiring a knowledge of (a subject).
- to examine or investigate carefully and in detail: to study the political situation.
- to observe attentively;
scrutinize: to study a person's face.
- to read carefully or intently: to study a book.
- to endeavor to learn or memorize, as a part in a play.
- to consider, as something to be achieved or devised.
- to think out, as the result of careful consideration or devising.
The post about Advantages And Disadvantages Of Cross Sectional Studies have 9 pictures , they are Advantages And Disadvantages Of Cross-Sectional Studies ., 14 Cross-sectional Studies Advantages: ., Advantages And Disadvantages Of Research Methods, Advantages And Disadvantages Of Different Research Designs Are Summarized From The Text, Print Cross-sectional, Longitudinal & Sequential Designs: Advantages & Disadvantages Worksheet, 14 Advantages And Disadvantages Of Cross- Sectional Studies ., 8. Limitation Of Cross-sectional ., Cross-sectional ., Advantages And Disadvantages Of Case Studies In Psychology Cross .. Below are the images:
Several Advantages And Disadvantages Of Cross Sectional Studies made-of lumber, a little distinctive from the present day coffee table that is frequently manufactured from a mixture of hardwood or light material including aluminum and stainless steel. Contemporary coffee-table has several forms, a lot of the modern coffee-table doesn't have four feet, an original contemporary coffee table is derived from a distinctive type.
The right blend of components and surfaces, engaging one to utilize a contemporary coffee-table as furniture in living room minimalist or the family-room. Created Advantages And Disadvantages Of Cross Sectional Studies with drawers for storage is designed beneath the table to truly save it distant, small kids toys, publications or papers having a corner.
You can place a coffee-table that is modern in front of the couch or in a corner near the window. You're able to have a cup of coffee having a buddy or relative while watching TV or studying the newspaper or devote your days to enjoy with chess together.